About the Event
Inner Strength Run 2016 was the first edition which had a humble beginning. The run was in Oct 2016 in commemorating the first anniversary of the group. It had a 5km and a 10km run timed run and saw 420+ plus runners. The second edition was Inner Strength Half Marathon 2017 (ISHM 2017) on Sept 17th 2017 which had 5km, 10km and 21kms times run and had 1700 plus runners. The Third edition was Inner Strength Half Marathon 2019 (ISHM 2019) Feb 17th 2019 which had a 5km, 10km and a 21km times run. The course was IAAF-AIMS certified and had approx. 2000 runners. An event that happens in the most scenic route of Chennai, where the route is flat and a runners delight, happens during the month of February. What is an additional benefit, is that the distance is measured and certified which makes it a unique one in Chennai.The fourth edition of ISHM 2020 is on the 16th Feb 2020
IAAF & AIMS Certification
The IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) prescribed a methodology by which a race course can be measured and set. If any race wants to gain recognition amid the running community, being certified by AIMS (Association of International Marathons and Distance Races) is an essential requirement.
Marathons are precise races that need accurate measurements like a 21.0975 and 42.195 km. A good marathon course is one that has accuracy in its measurement and is a great course to run with comfort. For race organisers, it is crucial that they get their measurements correct. The IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) prescribed a methodology by which a race course can be measured and set.
If any race wants to gain recognition amid the running community, being certified by AIMS (Association of International Marathons and Distance Races) is an essential requirement.
How does the measurement work?
Giving an accurate measurement is crucial for races that wish to attract the elite runners. Records are as important for runners as crossing the finish line and being accurate with the measurements is the responsibility of race organisers. The first step in measurement is that we need to define the road race course. The course has to be communicated clearly to the participants so as to prevent them from taking a different route or running a different distance. The organisers should also pay attention that the course selected will be straight, paved, level and on a lightly-travelled section of road, free of parked vehicles – at least on race day.
An AIMS certified course has the potential to become a qualifying course for the big races in the world. A pre-race qualifier for a big race like the Boston Marathon will happen only on an AIMS certified course.
It gives runners more confidence that they are running the exact distance. Of course, we cannot account for the swerves they might take to stop at a water station but apart from that the race course should ideally stop the distance counter at 21.0975/42.195 km.
A world record can be set only when distance and time are both matched. Before 2004, only a timing was taken to be criteria for a marathon record but post the implementation of the course measurement rules, it has become vital to match both the exact distance and the timing in order to establish world records.
Avoid disappointment for runners at the finish of a race regarding inaccurate race course measurements
Event Rules and Guidelines
- Please choose the event carefully, confirmed registrations are non-refundable. You will have an option to change the Event Category after registration. The minimum age eligibility for various events is as follows:
- 5km: 12 years (born on or before 16 February 2008)
- 10 km: 15 years (born on or before 16 February 2005)
- 21 km: 18 years (born on or before 16th February 2002)
- Proof of age shall be submitted by all participants while collecting their Bib. Runners under the age of 18 years must written consent of their Parent or Guardian which will be submitted during bib collection.
- Please provide us with a secure email address that you can access regularly, as email communication will be our primary means of contacting you during the run up to the Event. Users of email services that offer filtering / blocking of messages from unknown email address should add email@example.com to their address list.
- The Organizers will contact the runners only by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organizers shall be deemed as received by the runners.
- By registering for any of the events, you acknowledge and accept that you are aware that long distance running is an extreme sport and can be injurious to body and health. You take full responsibility for participating in the Inner Strength Half Marathon 2019 and do not hold the Organizers of the Inner Strength Half Marathon, UNIS Running or other organizing persons or entities responsible for any injury or accident.
- Irrespective of your age and fitness status, it is recommended that you consult your physician and undergo complete medical examination to assess your suitability to participate in the Event
- You agree that you are aware of all risks associated with participating in this Event including, but not limited to, falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat or humidity, traffic and the condition of the road, arson or terrorist threats and all other risks associated with a public event.
- You agree that Inner Strength Half Marathon Organizing Committee, UNIS Running and associated companies or entities that organize the Event shall not be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury that might occur as a result of your participation in the Event.
- You agree to abide by the instructions provided by the Organizers from time to time in the best interest of your health and Event safety.
- You agree to dress appropriately for the Event. Inappropriate clothing includes, but not limited to, clothing or gear dangerous to other participants, unpleasant to other participants, carrying messages containing political or religious propaganda and advertising an individual name or organization that the Event Organizer does not acknowledge.
- You agree that you will not use the event to promote or communicate by any means political or religious propaganda and advertising an individual name or organization that the Event Organizer does not acknowledge.
- You also agree to stop running if instructed by the Event Organizers or the medical staff or by the aid station volunteers.
- Copyright of images, photographs, articles, race records, and location information, covering the Event, and their usage right for TV broadcasting, newspapers, magazines and the Internet, belongs to the Event Organizer. Aforementioned copyright includes, but not limited, to names and other personal information such as age and address of participants mentioned in the article covering the event. You confirm that your name and media recordings taken during your participation may be used to publicize the Event at any time by the Organizers.
- You acknowledge and agree that your personal information can be stored and used by UNIS Running or any other company in connection with the organization, promotion and administration of the Event and for the compilation of statistical information.
- You confirm that, in the event of adverse weather conditions, major incidents or threats on the day, the organizers reserve the right to stop/cancel/postpone the Event. You understand that confirmed registrations and merchandise orders are non- refundable, non-transferable and cannot be modified.
- The organizers reserve the right to reject any application without providing reasons. Any amount collected from rejected applications alone will be refunded in full (excluding bank charges wherever applicable).
- The Inner Strength Half Marathon 2020 Team will communicate the Cut Off and Event Closure time before the race day. Participants will not be allowed to stay on the course beyond the stipulated cut-off time for an event
- It is mandatory for confirmed participants to visit the Expo to collect their running bib. If a participant is unable to attend the Expo due to unavoidable reasons, an authorized representative may collect the running bib on their behalf. Detailed instructions in this regard be sent by email in due course to all participants.
By registering & participating under any race category implies you as an individual have read, understood & agreed to all the Terms & Conditions of Inner Strength Half Marathon 2020 (ISHM2020) set forth by the organizers.
- 1ST PRIZE
- INR 5,000
- 2ND PRIZE
- INR 4,000
- 3RD PRIZE
- INR 3,000
- 1ST PRIZE
- INR 6,000
- 2ND PRIZE
- INR 5,000
- 3RD PRIZE
- INR 4,000
BIB Day Information
Race Day Information
Will be Published Shortly
|#||Column 1||Column 2||Column 3||Column 4|
|1||Row 1 cell 1||Row 1 cell 2||Row 1 cell 3||Row 1 cell 4|
|2||Row 2 cell 1||Row 2 cell 2||Row 2 cell 3||Row 2 cell 4|
|3||Row 3 cell 1||Row 3 cell 2||Row 3 cell 3||Row 3 cell 4|